The pandemic has reshaped ophthalmology practice, and since reopening retina specialists have been facing the challenge of combining good patient flow and safe infection control. From the voice of top-tier retina specialist, best practices and lessons learned.
- • Current situation and possible future scenarios
- • Changes in communication with patients to improve flow and reduce contact
- • Conjugating time-consuming protective measures and high-level disinfection with flow management
- • Changes in practice layout to improve flow and minimize contact
- • Changes in office time and visit schedules
- • The backlog of patients: are we back to near-normal routine?
- • Changes in the protocols for examination and treatment
- • Changes in treatment schedules
- • Upcoming changes and technology upgrades: teleconsultations, home monitoring, no-touch technologies