Professor at the Duke-NUS Medical School, National University of Singapore, and Head of the Medical Retina Department, Singapore National Eye Center, Gemmy Cheung heads the Retina Research Group at the Singapore Eye Research Institute, focusing on Asian retinal diseases, specifically AMD, PCV and myopic macular degeneration.
She is author of more than 200 peer-reviewed articles, and more than 10 book chapters. She has completed a number of clinical trials in anti-vascular endothelial growth factor therapies in the capacity of principle investigator.
Prof Cheung has received a number of prestigious awards, including:
- the APAO Outstanding Service in Prevention of Blindness Award (2013)
- the APAO Nakajima Award (2014) and Achievement Award (2017)
- the Young Investigator Award (Macula Society 2017)
- the AAO Achievement award (2017)
- AAO Secretariat Award (2018)
- APVRS Constable lectureship in 2018
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL ROLES
Professor, Duke-NUS Medical School, National University of Singapore
Head of the Medical Retina Department, Singapore National Eye Center
Head of the Retina Research Group at the Singapore Eye Research Institute